The Decision Support feature performs recovery actions to restore service to an on-time status after a disruption.
You can launch Decision Support from ETMS or from the Operations tab of the myAvail Dispatch client.
There are five sub-cards representing several action options: Replace Vehicle, Helper Vehicle, Discharge Only, Platoon Tripper, and Cancel Service.
- Click Replace Vehicle if you want to replace a disabled vehicle on the road (bus breaks down)
- Click Helper Vehicle if you need to get back on schedule. The helper bus will dispatch a vehicle to complete a portion of a block in lieu of the originally scheduled vehicle.
- Click Discharge Only when you need to notify your operator to enter discharge only mode. This could be due to high passenger capacity.
- Click Platoon Tripper if you are seeing an increase in passenger capacity on a route and need another vehicle to follow behind you.
- Click Cancel Service to cancel any scheduled service for any block, trip, or stop.