Use the Detour top-level tab to define detours in the myAvail system and to inform operators and the public about these changes to service routes. These features use a Google Maps base that supports full-screen maps, satellite view, and street view. Create detour route traces using a drag-and-drop interface that is aware of one-way streets and no-turn intersections.
The result is that operators receive turn-by-turn directions, dispatchers see the new route trace, and the myStop® app can display the new route trace. Additionally, users can adjust the stop-to-stop running times for the detour and use these times to calculate schedule adherence accurately. The system generates and automatically sends informational messages to both the operators and the public at the correct times, after being reviewed by the user.
Detour Top-Level Tab Overview
If you have permission to define detours, myAvail displays the Detour top-level tab. After you click this tab, myAvail displays the screen below:
The main Detour screen displays active detours that currently exist in the system. Click the tabs to change how myAvail displays the detours.
- Active Detours: Displays all detours that are Active, and the Date Range is current or pending. If the detour is in the system, but it has not started yet, myAvail considers it to be active.
- Detours by Route: Displays all active detours grouped by route.
- Detours by Stop: Displays all stops that detours affect. The stop ID number is the default sort order for this view.
- Expired Detours: Displays detours that are passed the end date. The list of expired detours can become quite long over time. Consequently, consider copying expired detours, then redefine the parameters: name, reason, date/time range, etc., to reduce the list length.
NOTE: The default length of time that expired details are listed is 90 days. Unless you have a custom configuration, expired detours will not be listed nor can they be copied or searched for beyond the default time range.
In these tabs, click the column headings to sort the display and expand a row to view more details, such as the affected Routes or Stops. In the Active Detours tab, you can copy and edit existing detours. These tabs also display the following icons that provide additional functionality.
- Click the copy icon to copy the properties of any detour in myAvail, including expired detours, and use it as the starting point for a new
- Click the edit icon to change the properties of an active
- NOTE: You can edit only Detour Name, Cause, Effect, Start and End Date/Time, and impacted days of the week.
- Click the expire detour icon to set the end of the date range to the current
- Click the public/operators message icon to open a window that displays a list of all the notifications available for the detour. You must review each individual message type (operator and public) and save them.
- Begin by clicking the Rebuild Messages button. Then review each message and save it.
The values for Public and Operator messages will display as ‘0’ until the user has reviewed and saved these messages. The value of ‘0’ will update to the number of messages included for each detour after the review has been completed.