Use the Inspection Settings tab in myAvail to configure your electronic DVIR (driver vehicle inspection report) screens. Using an electronic form, rather than paper, saves an agency time, possibly lost or damaged paper sheets, and the system files all results away to reports for Maintenance review. Vehicle operators can quickly review already documented DVIR results on the MDT, too, by simply touching the Pretrip button.
Use the Checks tab to setup the inspections for the DVIR. You can include multiple failure reason codes, as needed, and easily make adjustments when needed.
Add New Check:
- Click the delete icon to remove a check.
- Click the edit icon to edit a Check.
- Click the add icon to add a new check.
- Clicking either the edit or add icon displays the following window:
- Check Name
- Enter a descriptive name for the area to be checked.
- Vehicle Type(s)
- Check the vehicle type(s) that should undergo this type of inspection.
- This list is specific to each Your list might differ from this example.
- Failure Reason(s)
- This list presents the possible reasons that an inspection can fail. The operator chooses a reason from this list when a vehicle fails an inspection.
- Click the add icon to add a new failure reason. You can add up to 20 reason codes here.
- Click the delete icon to remove a Failure Reason.
Use the MDT Layout tab to setup the visual appearance of the inspections as they will display on the MDT. You must assign each check on the Checks tab to a page and position for the MDT screens.
Choose the vehicle type, and then start entering page and position numbers for all check names. The page numbers must be sequential. For example, you cannot assign a check name to page 3 before assigning at least one entry to pages 1 and 2. The positions on the page do not have to be sequential, nor does the page need to be filled.
Use the Body Damage tab to add reason codes for failures. Operators will use these when checking the exterior of the vehicle. The operator will simply touch a quarter panel on vehicle diagrams that display on the MDT, to document damage and type.
- Click the add icon to add a new body damage reason.
- Click the delete icon to remove a body damage reason.
- IMPORTANT: Be sure to save your work when done. Press the Save located in the top right corner of the screen:
IMPORTANT: A files deployment must be setup on the Build & Deploy tab to download the DVIR screens to your fleet vehicles, so vehicle operators can begin using them.
HINT: Accessing the Build & Deploy tab is based on permission settings in ETMS (HR product suite).
How Do I Deploy Files to Vehicles?
- Navigate to the Build & Deploy tab
- Open the Deploy tab
- Select the Future Schedule
- Select Other Files
- Select Inspection Screens (the Vehicles button to the right of the file type will 'light up' to alert you that the vehicles should be selected to receive the download)
- Select the Vehicle button, then choose 'all fixed route vehicles'
- Set the date: use the Effective Date calendar
- Select Deploy
- Need more details? Select this link for more information: Build & Deploy tab and process: maybe add a hyperlink here?