Supervisor Mobile Phone (VoIP) Workflow
Supervisors can initiate a call to vehicle operators by using VoIP in a closed mic system.
Simply open the Zoiper phone app, which is already installed on the mobile phone. This action will allow you to open a voice channel for a VoIP call to a vehicle or group of vehicles.
1. To create a VoIP (voice over internet protocol) call, first open the Zoiper app on the mobile phone:
- Locate the Zoiper app on the phone:
2. Use the number pad to call individual or groups of vehicles:
- Type the number sign, then the vehicle Id to call a single vehicle
- Type the number sign, then the vehicle Id and use an asterisk between each vehicle Id to add more than one vehicle and enter an asterisk
- You can also use the shortcut tiles to quickly place a call to a particular group (dispatch, another mobile line, etc.)
Notification for a VoIP call is sent from dispatch and displays on the MDT (mobile data terminal). An audible tone also alerts the operator that a call has been opened. Just pick up the handset to take the call.
CONNECTIVITY STATUS LEGEND