This procedure provides information for Executives and their supporting staff to use myAvail to track and respond to key performance indicators. The process covers creating a dashboard in myAvail by selecting appropriate measures and using the dashboard to monitor those KPIs.
Operational Impact and Metrics
Operational Impact: It is important for the leadership team within the agency to actively monitor the KPIs they have identified as having strategic importance to ensure the agency is achieving the desired results.
Metrics: User defined KPIs
|ITS||Intelligent Transportation Systems|
|CAD/AVL||Computer-Aided Dispatch and Automatic Vehicle Location|
|Block||All the routes run by a vehicle|
|MDT||Mobile Data Terminal|
Set up upon roll out of ITS. Regularly review metrics and create new dashboards as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities
This procedure is intended for executives and managers to monitor KPIs through myDash and use the data to make operational and strategic decisions.
- Use your Business Intelligence myDash to monitor KPIs
- Add report panels to personalize your myDash to keep the metrics you need front and center for monitoring purposes
- Analysis - Filtering and tabs to provide deeper analysis drill downs to better understand KPIs displayed
- Events dashboard
- Schedule Adherence
- Schedule Health
- Pull in and Pull out
- Ridership and APCs
- Maintenance Dash
- Pretrip issues
- Maintenance issues (VHM, ITS)
- Coming soon...
- DataPoint card ( ETMS> Operations product suite)
- Summary Reports> NTD Summary, NTD Trips Sampled, NTD Sample Failures report
- Use filters, etc. to focus on and analyze metrics
- Report generation
Business Intelligence Self Service Reports
- Custom reports – gives a view of database, select columns and tables to generate custom display
- Corrective Actions
- Utilize data to identify corrective actions needed.
- Develop and implement corrective action plan.
- Related Training Materials
- Related SOPs