Fleet-Net® for Windows Product of Avail Technologies, Inc.
Work Orders Overview
The Work Order Processing Module is a maintenance management tool used to track and record maintenance activities.
The Work Order module interfaces with Inventory, Vehicle Maintenance, Vehicle Problems, and General Ledger. Class Codes are used to define the inventory asset and expense accounts.
Using the Work Order Pending feature, work orders may be updated individually or in a batch update process.
Parts issued on a work order will first be committed and display in Committed on the inventory master. The Available field on the inventory master displays the adjustment to the total available items by reducing the total amount by the number of items committed. Once the Work Order is updated, the On Hand quantity will be updated, reducing the total by the number of committed items. Committed will now display zero, and the Available field will continue to display the reduced total.
Journal entries are updated to a general ledger subsidiary journal.
Inspections are automatically updated in the Vehicle Master in the Vehicle Maintenance module. Allows work orders to be generated for Components Inspections and Rebuilds. In addition, Campaign work orders can be generated for a range of Vehicle fleets or Components.
Each Work Order is printed with the work order number bar coded for quick scanning, using the bar code unit. Work Order Material and Labor may be tracked and updated via the bar code units, which, when updated, will automatically update on the work orders.
Notes may be entered by mechanics and/or supervisors. Objects (attachments) such as schematics or pictures may be attached.
Tool Inventory tracking, Tasks setup used in conjunction with Employee Assignments and Employee Assignment time clock are also available components of the Work Order module.
Historical data may be reviewed at any time.
Any Road Call or Safety Defects that are entered in Vehicle Problems will automatically generate a work order. Any Deferred Defects created in Vehicle Problems will be available for assignment to a generated work order. When the work order is closed and updated the assigned deferred defect will be marked as repaired.
Work Order Status Display
Display on a large monitor all open work orders and additional information from the Work Order Status Maintenance form. This requires a PC to be run unattended.
User Guide Contents
- ABOUT THIS GUIDE 5
- WORK ORDER PROCESSING 6
- WORK ORDERS 7
- WORK ORDER DAILY CYCLE 7
- WO SETUP CHECKLIST 8
- WORK ORDER SETUP PROCEDURES 9
- EMPLOYEE SETUP 9
- WORK ORDER MISCELLANEOUS LIST 12
- MODIFY/ADD TOOL INVENTORY 15
- MODIFY/ADD CLASS CODES 18
- LABOR OPERATION CODES 22
- MODIFY/ADD TASKS 25
- WORK ORDER CONTROL 29
- USER DEFINED DATA FORM SETUP 30
- USER DEFINED DATA SECURITY SETUP 31
- USER DEFINED DATA ENTRY 31
- TIME CLOCK MANAGEMENT SETUP 32
- WORK ORDER ENTRY 35
- Next WO # 40
- Master 43
- Totals 43
- Old Notes 43
- New Notes 44
- Other Notes 44
- Labor 46
- Open 48
- Material 48
- Outside 50
- Defects 51
- Warranty 52
- Components 53
- Inspections 54
- Update 58
- Print 62
- Pending 64
- Closing a Work Order 64
- EMPLOYEE ASSIGNMENTS 65
- WORK ORDER ASSIGNMENTS 65
- Clocking In 66
- Materials 69
- Defects 70
- Inspections 71
- Adding Notes 73
- Clocking Out 74
- Creating a New WO 75
- Who’s Clocked In/Out 77
- WORK ORDER ASSIGNMENT LABOR INQUIRY 78
- MPLOYEE ASSIGNMENT EDIT FORM (SUPERVISOR) 79
- WORK ORDER ASSIGNMENTS 65
- WORK ORDER STATUS 80
- COMPLETION STATUS SETUP 80
- WORK ASSIGNMENT 81
- WORK ORDER ENTRY – MODIFIED LABOR FORM 85
- WORK ORDER INQUIRY 85
- INSPECTION HISTORY 87
- FIX INCORRECT COMMITTED PARTS 89
- PARTS CATALOG 90
- RESTRICTED WORK ORDER ENTRY FORM 90
- INSPECTION HISTORY - ASSETS 91
- DEFECT ASSIGNMENTS 92
- GENERATE CAMPAIGN WORK ORDERS 93
- Generate Campaign WO Vehicle 94
- WORK ORDER REPAIR TYPES 96
- INVENTORY REBUILD WORK ORDERS 96
- TO INSTALL OR REMOVE COMPONENTS FROM VEHICLE WORK ORDERS 101
- COMPONENT REBUILD WORK ORDER 105
- INSPECTION WORK ORDERS 106
- DEFECT WORK ORDER 108
- TIRE CHANGE WORK ORDER 112
- APPENDIX A 114
- SUPPORT TIP-TRACK WARRANTY PARTS 114
- APPENDIX B 115
- SUPPORT TIP-NEW WO EMPLOYEE SETUP 115