The On-Time Overview provides a high-level overview of the statuses for arrivals. Use this dashboard to assess the late, early, and on-time statuses of arrivals over varying time periods and by route. These charts help you identify problematic trends or routes that have unacceptable amounts of arrivals that are not on-time.
The table on the top-left displays arrival performance for the previous day. Use this chart to determine whether the statuses for the previous day’s arrivals were unusual. This table can help you identify the beginning of a problematic trend.
The two-line charts display arrival statuses over time - for the past 30 days and the past year. Use the line charts to determine whether there is a problematic trend in the proportion of arrivals that were not on time. Some trends are easier to identify over time. Look for a sustained decline in on-time performance.
The bar chart along the bottom displays arrival statuses by routes over the past 30 days. Use this chart to determine whether any routes have an unacceptable amount of early or late arrivals within the past month. This chart can be helpful when only particular routes have a problem with on-time arrivals because the line charts for the entire fleet might not indicate that there is a problem.
Clicking any of the charts on the top row opens the On-Time Analysis By Arrival report in a new window where you have more options for drilling down and filtering. The next section describes the On-Time Analysis By Arrival report. On the bar chart at the bottom, clicking a bar for a route opens a bar chart for that one route in a new window.
For this dashboard, use the filter pane to apply filters across the entire dashboard. You can use the following specialized filters:
- Show On-time Categories: Show statuses for On-time, Late, Early departures. By default, the dashboard displays all these statuses. Deselect the statuses you do not want to see.
- Include Missed Stops: Check to display missed A missed stop occurs when there is a scheduled departure, but the system does not record that departure.
- Include Outliers: Check to display outliers in the An outlier occurs when a value exceeds the relevant outlier threshold.
- Include Detours: Check to display data that the system records while vehicles are on a detour. These results might be atypical.
- Early Threshold (Minutes): Specify how to determine that a vehicle has arrived When a vehicle arrives earlier than the threshold number of minutes before the scheduled arrival time, the system counts it as an early arrival.
- Late Threshold (Minutes): Specify how to determine that a vehicle has arrived late. When a vehicle arrives later than the threshold number of minutes after the scheduled arrival time, the system counts it as a late arrival.
- Early Outlier (Minutes): Specify how to determine whether a vehicle is an early outlier. When a vehicle arrives earlier than the threshold number of minutes before the scheduled arrival time, the system counts it as an early outlier. This report can track outliers separately.
- Late Outlier (Minutes): Specify how to determine whether a vehicle is a late outlier. When a vehicle arrives later than the threshold number of minutes after the scheduled arrival time, the system counts it as a late outlier. This report can track outliers separately.
- Stop Departure Threshold: Use this field to exclude stops with very low sample Enter the minimum sample size that BI will display. Smaller values will include more stops but some of those stops will have a small sample size.
- Target On-time Percentage: Specify your agency’s target on-time departure The charts on this dashboard display the target percentage as a blue- dashed line that you can compare to the actual on-time departures.