The On-Time Overview Consolidated report provides a high-level overview of timepoint departures and any timepoint arrivals which have a layover. Use this dashboard to assess the on-time, early, and late statuses of arrivals and departures over varying time periods and by route. These charts help you identify problematic trends or routes that have unacceptable amounts of both arrivals and departures that are not on-time.
The table on the top-left displays departure/layovers performance for the previous day. Use this chart to determine whether the statuses for the previous day’s departures/layovers were unusual. This table can help you identify the beginning of a problematic trend.
The two-line charts display departure/layover statuses over time - for the past 30 days and the past year. Use the line charts to determine whether there is a problematic trend in the proportion of departures/layovers that were not on time. Some trends are easier to identify over time. Look for a sustained decline in on-time performance.
The bar chart along the bottom displays departure/layover statuses by routes over the past 30 days. Use this chart to determine whether any routes have an unacceptable amount of early or late departures/layovers within the past month. This chart can be helpful when only particular routes have a problem with on-time departures/layovers because the line charts for the entire fleet might not indicate that there is a problem.
Clicking any of the charts on the top row allows you to pick and open the On-Time Analysis Consolidated report in a new window where you have more options for drilling down and filtering.
On the bar chart at the bottom, clicking a bar for a route opens a bar chart for that one route in a new window.
For this dashboard, use the filter pane to apply filters across the entire dashboard. You can use the following specialized filters:
- Show On-time Categories: Show statuses for On-time, Late, Early, Late Outlier, Early Outlier departures/layovers. By default, the dashboard displays all these statuses. Deselect the statuses you do not want to see.
- Include Missed Stops: Check to display missed stops. A missed stop occurs when there is a scheduled departure, but the system does not record that departure.
- Include Outliers: Check to display outliers in the report. An outlier occurs when a value exceeds the relevant outlier threshold.
- Include Detours: Check to display data that the system records while vehicles are on a detour. These results might be atypical.
- Transit Authority: Specify a transit authority or pick all.
- Route: Specify a route or pick all.
- Early Threshold (Minutes): Specify how to determine that a vehicle has departed early. When a vehicle departs earlier than the threshold number of minutes before the scheduled departure time, the system counts it as an early departure.
- Late Threshold (Minutes): Specify how to determine that a vehicle has departed late. When a vehicle departs later than the threshold number of minutes after the scheduled departure time, the system counts it as a late departure.
- Early Outlier (Minutes): Specify how to determine whether a vehicle is an early outlier. When a vehicle departs earlier than the threshold number of minutes before the scheduled departure time, the system counts it as an early outlier. This report can track outliers separately.
- Late Outlier (Minutes): Specify how to determine whether a vehicle is a late outlier. When a vehicle departs later than the threshold number of minutes after the scheduled departure time, the system counts it as a late outlier. This report can track outliers separately.
- Stop Departure Threshold: Use this field to exclude stops with very low sample sizes. Enter the minimum sample size that BI will display. Smaller values will include more stops but some of those stops will have a small sample size.
- Target On-time Percentage: Specify your agency’s target on-time departure percentage. The charts on this dashboard display the target percentage as a blue dashed line that you can compare to the actual on-time departures.