To create a new detour, click the plus icon in the Active Detours tab. This icon opens the Detours section of the ETMS in a separate browser window, depending on the default setting for your computer. Avail recommends using Chrome or Edge. Below is the initial page load:
In this window, specify the following information about the detour:
- Detour Name: Name of the detour used in the main grid and any notification templates (required).
- Cause: The cause of the detour. The GTFS Real-time feed displays this cause. The GTFS Real-time specification defines the choices in the list (required).
- Effect: The effect of the detour. The GTFS Real-time feed displays this effect. The GTFS Real-time specification defines the choices in the list (required).
- Active: Enable or disable the Inactive detours appear in the “Expired Detours” tab on the main detour screen.
- Date and Time Range: The Date and Time ranges are separate values, which allows you to customize what is needed. The default setting is set to "all day".
- Days of Week: By default, all days are all set to ON, but you can turn days OFF when a detour is only valid during certain days of the week, such as Monday through Friday.
In this video, we'll demonstrate how to create a detour with moved stops, beginning in the myAvail Dispatch application.